WORLD PASTRY CUP
Every two years, the Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie brings together the very best young pastry talents in the world. After a selection process involving more than fifty national rounds and four continental selection events in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe, 22 teams have qualified for the final.
3 chocolate desserts with Valrhona grands crus
3 frozen fruit desserts from the Ravifruit range
15 identical desserts on plate
1 artistic creation made of sugar
1 artistic creation made of chocolate
1 artistic creation made of sculpted hydric ice
UK PASTRY CLUB & TEAM
The ‘UK pastry club ‘ has been created to select, present and support a British Team to compete at the most prestigious biannual competition in Pastry: the Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie. It aim also to develop and promote sugar, chocolate work and all pastry skills via the organisation of national
competitions. The Club members and committee are made of renowned UK Pastry Chefs and industry professionals, who give up there time to assist the UK teams and all competitors with technical support. The Club is also helping the development of potential future candidates/team members and has secured a UK representation at the world stage every 2 years since 2011.
- Lead in 2011, 2013 and 2015 Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie campaigns! The UK team placed 9th in 2011 on 19 countries, 9th in 2013 on 22 countries and 6th in 2015 on 21 countries.
- 8th at the Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie 2017 and Best Sugar Prize of the competition.
- The UK team was part of the TOP 7 in 2017 and now part of the TOP 5, the 5 nations automatically qualified to the next grand finale in 2019.
- Organisation of
- a national selection in 2011 @ Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College
- a national selection in 2013 – 2015 @ the Restaurant Show = UK PASTRY OPEN
- The UK team is back to back winners at the European Pastry Cup 2012 in Paris and 2014 in Geneva, continental round to access the finale.
Launch and organisation of the 1st and 2nd UK Sugar Championship @ the Restaurant show in 2014 and April 12th Aat UCB college
Benoit BLIN, MCA – UK Pastry Club Chairman
Richard VICTORIA – UK Pastry Club treasurer
Anne-Sophie LABRUYERE – UK Pastry Club secretary / Promotion Manager
Heather BENNETT – UK Pastry Club general administrator
Andrea RUFF – UK Pastry Club social media
Denis DRAME, MCA– UK Team President Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie 2019
Committee Members : Olivier BATEL / Heather BENNETT / Benoit BLIN, MCA / Martin CHIFFERS / Denis DRAME, MCA / Cherish FINDEN / Mourad KHIAT / Anne-Sophie LABRUYERE / Andrea RUFF / Richard VICTORIA / David DELONGLE / Barry JOHNSON / Stéphanie PERROT / Luke FROST
Members : Andrew BLAS / Emmanuel BONNEAU / Nicolas BOUHELIER / Dale DESIMONE / Ryan DREW / Andrew GRAVETT / Ludwig HELY / Graham HORNIGOLD / Nick JAMES / Martin JOHNS / Neal JONES / Chris LODER / Javier MERCADO / Mark TILLING / Nick PATTERSON / Florian POIROT / Joakim PRAT / Stéphane SASTRE / Chris SEDDON / Alessandro VETTORETTI /Chris ZAMMIT